Giving a "Shout Out"...

Just wanted to give a BIG shout out to two of my good friends in the Martial Arts.

First and foremost, to my Sensei, Shihan Matt Thomas, who was just promoted to 7th Dan by Dr. E. A. Moore, and the ISK Kempo International of which he is the founder and President. Shihan Matt is one of the few people in the Martial Arts I have had the honor of meeting and exchanging ideas with as well as learning from, who holds the Martial Arts and it's participants in the highest regard. He truly is a person of great Integrity and Honor, something that is missing in the arts today.

Secondly, to my newly found friend, Mr. Howard Silva. Mr. Silva is a 6th Degree Black Belt under Mr. Ed Parker Sr. in American Kenpo. Mr. Silva was not only a student of Mr. Parker's but also a close personal friend. Mr. Silva and I both share the same idea that when teaching a student, as Black Belts, we have an obligation to teach the entire system and not short cut the training by only teaching the techniques that make us, as Black Belts, look good. He has a great many stories and remembrances of his time training with Mr. Parker. I also consider Mr. Silva to be a person of great Integrity and Honor.

How lucky am I to be blessed with such companions in life and the Martial Arts?!?!?

Until next time,

Sensei Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home