Busy, busy, busy...

Been a while since I last posted. So much has been going on. Many things moving forward. I'll begin with the ISK Kempo International.

My Sensei, Shihan Matt Thomas has been working very hard putting together material for this new system. The Yellow and Orange Belt material are done and filming of this new system will begin sometime in December. I have been invited by Shihan to share in preserving this new material on film. I will be his "uke" for the new techniques. I am very excited about this and couldn't ask for a better opportunity to advance my knowledge of the Martial Arts. Shihan Matt is very meticulous about how he works so you can be assured that this will be top of the line material.

Next, my good friend Juliet LaMers-Noble has decided to defend her sparring title in the 5 Star TKD Championships being held next month. I was privileged enough to help her train for her title last year which she won in sterling fashion: 5-1, 5-2, 5-3, that she decided to enlist my help again this year. I am so very excited for a couple of reasons, 1.) because I love to teach and I am very humbled that she chose to work with me again this year and 2.) I am even more excited for her as she is a great competitor, student and all-around wonderful human being! She works very hard and no matter what I throw at her, she always gives it her best effort and ends every training session with a smile! Now that's heart!

Now, onto something in my personal life that has me on top of the world! I am so very blessed to have two new, well, kinda new, women in my life again (thus the "kinda new" comment). My love Natalie and her daughter Carley have come back into my life, actually back into my family's life, (gotta include "da kidz"), and I couldn't ask for a better way to get through my days than to have them with me again. Natalie and I have a certain "chemistry" that ignites when we are together. Both of us being Fire Signs, there is a certain amount of electricity that flows between us and the exchange is nothing short of amazing! Aside from the "spark" that we have, she is also my voice of reason when I am completely overwhelmed by what surrounds me. She keeps me centered and is/was the missing piece of my existence. I am a better person because she is in my life. Thank you baby! Ya tebya lyublu!!!!

Finally, thanks to the tireless efforts of my "younger brother" Steve Harwood, I have now been able to publish 3 articles about the Martial Arts on www.ezinearticles.com. If you get the time, go on over and check them out. Please feel free to send feedback and let me know what you think. Go to the site, punch in my name, Tim Gannon, into their search engine and faster than you can say "Bob's your uncle", my articles will appear.

Even though things have been moving along very quickly I had time to reflect while speaking to my class this evening about diligence, perseverance, integrity, etc. and how these qualities do not just belong to the Martial Arts, but are there to be applied all throughout life. I remember how hard it was coming up through the ranks to Black Belt and the let downs and all the negative crap I had to deal with, but in every bad situation, you can always find something good. Well, my good has been that after all this time and hard work, I am starting to see the rewards of my efforts. I am not mentioning this as an ego booster...that's not my style. I am so completely excited about this because it opens up a great opportunity to me for advanced learning and being able to teach in a new medium via the net, as well as pass along the new material I am studying to my students.

I am truly grateful to all those who have helped me along the way. I have been taught well and just as I was given the opportunity to learn and teach, now it is my turn to "pay it forward". Be well. Be healthy. Peace.

Until next time,

Sensei Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home